Stillbirth and Neonatal Death
A Little Lifetime Foundation (formerly ISANDS) is a voluntary organisation, founded in 1983 by a group of bereaved parents whose babies died before or at birth (stillbirth) or some time after birth (neonatal death).
For support or information regarding stillbirth or neonatal death, you can visit their website here. This website includes a discussion forum for parents, families and healthcare professionals.
A Little Lifetime Foundation activities include:
- Support bereaved parents and families whose baby has died or is expected to die.
- Arrange regular Parents’ Support Meetings.
- Organise Public Meetings.
- Make representation to groups of professionals such as Doctors, Nurses, Clergy and other interested groups of the needs of bereaved parents and families.
- Provide training for Support Team Volunteers.
- Organise Inter-denominational Services of Remembrance.
- Publish and distribute the booklet “A Little Lifetime”.
- Publish a Newsletter twice yearly with information, views and experiences of bereaved parents and families.
- Produce Information Leaflets.
- Heighten awareness about perinatal death (the death of a baby around the time of birth).
How to contact A Little Lifetime Foundation:
18 Orion Business Campus, Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Blanchardstown, Dulbin 15
Telephone (01) 882 9030